I recently found out that the recycled cardboard used to make door moulds in many home renovations has some pretty serious problems with mould.
The plastic is not biodegradable and if it does get moulded in, the mould spores will easily survive in the wood, making it an extremely effective indoor pest control system.
I was interested in the materials that made up the bulk of the moulds used in my project and decided to go the DIY route.
The first step was to look at old moulds to see what made them moldy and what the manufacturers used.
I found a number of sources on Pinterest for recycling cardboard, and decided that it would be the easiest way to make my own.
It’s not that it was impossible to get a cardboard box from the local scrap yard, but it would take a lot of time and effort to find them and then to get them cleaned.
So, instead, I made my own cardboard boxes out of old cardboard boxes.
Here’s how it went: I made a couple of batches of boxes to use for the moulding project.
The goal was to have one box for every five moulds I had.
That’s because, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, the box should be cleaned and re-washed twice, which would take about an hour and 20 minutes.
In reality, it took me more than an hour to get the boxes clean.
The reason I decided to make them for a single project is that, while I was using cardboard for the cardboard boxes, I also used old paper for the paper strips.
After the mouldings were done, I cleaned the boxes thoroughly with bleach and then re-used them as the cardboard for my cardboard boxes for the second project.
After that, I put the cardboard in the freezer for about 10 minutes to thaw it out.
To keep the cardboard cold, I covered the cardboard with a plastic wrap, and then left the cardboard box for about five minutes before putting it in the fridge.
I then let the cardboard freeze for about an additional two hours, which turned out to be an excellent time to keep the plastic wrap around the cardboard.
Then, the cardboard was removed from the freezer and laid in the open air for about three hours, at which point I removed the cardboard from the plastic.
I made some measurements on the cardboard to make sure I had the correct thickness for my moulds, and the mold was formed.
As I mentioned earlier, the plastic strips were left on the mould, and I just had to make some cuts.
The mould formed perfectly and the cardboard came out as I expected.
Since the cardboard didn’t require much effort to make, I was really happy with the results.
The only thing that I did differently from the original plan was that I cut off the top part of the cardboard so that it wouldn’t get in the way of the mold when it was being made.
After I had cut the cardboard out, I wrapped the cardboard around the mould and placed the mould inside it.
I put my mould in the refrigerator overnight to allow the mould to thicken, but once I had thawed the cardboard, it was ready to be made.
Here are the finished cardboard moulds: I used the cardboard scraps for the first project, but they weren’t enough for my second one.
So I added more to make it look like the mold had been made from cardboard.
The second project also had cardboard moulded on it, but that didn’t turn out to work so well.
The third and final project was a mix of the three.
It was mostly cardboard moulding, but I made one of each mould out of cardboard and plastic strips.
The cardboard mould came out pretty well, and since I had leftover cardboard for one of the projects, I used that for the next.
The results were very good, and when I made another batch of moulds out of plastic and cardboard, I ended up with a couple more boxes than before.
The boxes were just a few inches long, so the cardboard mould was about the size of a quarter, and each box was about two inches long.
Once the cardboard mold was complete, I removed it from the cardboard and placed it in a plastic bag to keep it in.
The next step was a lot more difficult because I had to put some extra time into cleaning the cardboard before it could be used.
Luckily, the manufacturer instructions were easy to follow, and there were no mold problems.
It took about an extra half hour to clean up the cardboard used in the first mould, so I was ready for the mold to be put away for another project.
To get the cardboard on the inside of the box, I cut some holes for the sides and bottom of the plastic and put it in there.
I used a glue gun to glue the cardboard inside the cardboard as well.
To finish the cardboard tray, I added some glue to the corners of the lid and then wrapped the plastic around it.
The glue made the cardboard easy to peel off and store, so it was